Your procedure will appear much darker the day it is done. This darker color will remain for approximately 3-7 days. You will also experience redness, swelling, tenderness and some skin/pigment exfoliation. It is imperative that you follow these aftercare instructions and do not pick or rub the treated area. Picking and rubbing will result in pigment/color loss and may cause scarring. It will be several weeks before nal results are achieved.
- Using an antibacterial liquid soap or mild cleanser gently cleanse the treated area an hour or two after the procedure.
- Brow clients: Using a mild cleanser gently wash the brows once a day and hydrate with a thin layer of Aquaphor 3-5 times a day until the brow is healed (10-15 days). Remember less is more. Only touch the treated area with clean hands. This is a must to avoid infection. Do NOT rub, scratch or pick the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate.
- Lip clients: Using a mild cleanser gently wash the lips once a day and hydrate with a thin layer of Aquaphor 3-5 times a day until the lips are healed (10-15 days). Only touch the treated area with clean hands. This is a must to avoid infection. Do NOT rub, scratch or pick the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate.
- Eyeliner clients: Using a mild cleanser gently wash the lids once a day. Do not use any post-procedure ointments. Avoid mascara and eye shadow until lash line is healed, usually 5-7 days. Do NOT rub, scratch or pick the treated area. Let any scabbing or dry skin naturally exfoliate.
- Avoid sun, chlorinated pools, salt water, hot tubs and saunas for 1 week.
- Avoid extreme heat, strenuous exercise, excessive sweating or raising blood pressure for 24 hours. Sweat is salt and can prematurely fade the treated area.
- Do not use any product on the treated area that burns or stings.
- The treated area WILL appear bolder immediately after the procedure. This is common. It will begin to soften after a few days. It is also VERY COMMON to have areas fade more than others. This is part of the healing process and will be treated at the recommended perfection visit appointment. The nal color is never the same as the pure pigment color that has been applied. The true color is visible after the 28 day healing period.
- Your perfection visit will take place 4-6 weeks afteryour procedure. Please call me in two weeks to schedule your perfection visit, as well as to let me know how you are healing.
Use a good sunscreen. Sun exposure will fade your permanent makeup. If you are planning on having a chemical peel, laser procedure or an MRI scan please inform the technician of your permanent cosmetics.
Do not donate blood for 1 year.
After your procedure has healed apply a thin layer of Vaseline to the treated area before swimming in chlorinated pools will help prevent premature fading.
The use of Retin-A/Tretinoin or any other rapid skin exfoliation products used regularly on the forehead area will cause the permanent makeup on the brows to fade prematurely.
The regular use of chemical peels and acid peels on the forehead can cause pigment used on the brows to fade prematurely.
Remember to help your healing process by taking care of yourself.